Followers

Tuesday 2 October 2007

Cutting wires,

Button up and be on edge because October is upon us. Turn that frown upside down for it has brought a surprise; wireless Internet.

".......Surprise!"

It feels gratifying and fulfilling to have survived September in a 'disconnected' house.
'Skype' and those with it became accustomed to my constant 'offline' status, 'Bebo' basically abandoned me and 'Myspace' almost merged into 'Nospace'. To you, Lord/Lady Reader this may sound entirely dependant and petty of me, but it is the heartfelt truth. I need connection, without wires.

"....... Surprise"

Mr. Swissmem Stick spent September swanning around his swagger stick in hand, proud as punch that he was on show and in demand. The minutes wasted on; waiting for and logging onto the computers on campus and then then saving all necessary notes and whatnot to Mr. Swissmem would be interesting findings. Think, it would've allowed 'X' more minutes in bed or something else sincerely worthwhile.

"....... Surprise!"

Last year, while living on campus I was armed with broadband. This indeed beats the 'disconnected' status hands down. However, when there is a red snake stuck between your computer and the wall, it has it's restrictions. Now, there are no strings attached, literally. Within 10 minutes of getting connected I was giving Matt (my man) a tour of my house. Although he is on the other side of the pond (Amsterdam) we can now potter aimlessly about - together.

"....... Surprise!"

Agreed, no wires cost more then wires.
But, while spending a little extra on this walkabout connection one invests in time, understood?
And, I believe that time is invaluable in university, is it not?

"....... Surprise!"

Think of being connected in the kitchen, in the TV room, in the bed or even on the loo(?)! The opportunities are endless.
Do you want to walk, talk, work, eat, dance and read simultaneously?
Cut your wires and you've got it. Don't miss the connection train. Hurry!

The question is;
"Will my academic learning sky rocket or nose dive as a result of this?"

And the answer will mainly be determined by the degree to which I apply myself to my number one priority; which as of yet has to be decided!



So, my Lords and Ladies, I leave you with a little thought...


"Are you catching the wireless connection train?"


PS "....... Surprise!"




No comments: